
Happy 4th, friends! The forecast for today is 82 and sunny. The sun, however, seems to have other plans. Whatever YOUR plans are, be safe!
We started our 4th of July celebration early. On Thursday, after yet another downpour, I left work early and met Tony at home. He had also left work early and stopped at Hall's Market on his way home. Hall's is our neighborhood grocery store. It's not really in our neighborhood, but it's here in town, and it has the best butcher shop and deli around. Tony brought home ground sirloin, bacon, cheese, and hamburger buns. That night, we feasted on bacon cheeseburgers. And did I pay for it afterward! Originally, I planned to only eat half of my burger, but Tony made them sooo juicy and flavorful, I just couldn't stop at just half. Big mistake. Huge. I was STILL full the next day. Note to self: Don't be such a glutton, Patty!
Which brings me to my 20 week OB appt last Thursday morning. It totally went well. The best part was hearing the bean's heartbeat, which continues to be fast and strong. Grow, baby, grow! My blood pressure was 120 over 80, which the nurse said was normal. Yay. And, yes, I'm still losing weight. Total weightloss is 11lbs since the beginning of this pregnancy. The doctor I saw at this OB appt didn't seem to worry about it. She said I was ahead of the game compared to other expectant moms, who've managed to gain 20+ lbs by this point, which she said wasn't good for either mom or baby. She also told me I'd begin to start seeing an increase of a pound a week, because this is the point when the baby begins to grow and gain its weight. So, as long as I continue making the right choices, taking my prenatal vitamins every night, and drinking plenty of water, she had no concerns with my weight. Cool, because for the record, I'm NOT dieting. I'm eating smaller meals several times a day, and more importantly, I'm making better choices - lots of protein, fruits, and vegetables, and yeah, the occassional ice cream for good measure. ;-)
So, we're just about complete with our baby registry. We started it the day we found out we're having a girl, and little by little, we've been adding to it from the comfort of our own home. Thank God for the internet - and for Baby Bargains, THE bible of babygear, and no respectable Tribie would even THINK about registering for baby without it. Today, we'll be visiting the newly opened Babies R Us/Toys R Us in North Haven. I'm hoping there will be more gear to try out and see in person. Plus, I have a couple of coupons burning holes in my purse. So, I'm hoping I can use them on two of our larger-priced items. I promise to report back how it turns out.

Saturday, July 4, 2009
How far along? 20 weeks, 4 days
Total weight gain/loss: Down 2lbs, bringing my total weightloss to 11lbs.
Maternity clothes? Not presently. I'm still in my PJs.
Stretch marks? None that are new.
Sleep: I'm now considering getting a body pillow.
Best moment this week: Hearing my little princess' heartbeat at my 20 week OB appt.
Movement: I'm starting to feel the occassional flutter and pop. They're fun.
Food cravings:
Nothing notable.Gender: Girl!!
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? Still in.
What I miss: Not that I miss drinking, but on a day like today, I'd KILL for a margarita on the rocks with salt, if you please. 'K thanks!

What I am looking forward to: Visiting the Babies R Us/Toys R Us today!
Weekly Wisdom: See above for the aforementioned bacon cheeseburger.
Milestones: 20 weeks, which means I'm officially half way done baking this baby bean!


No comments:
Post a Comment