Tuesday, August 25, 2009

28 Weeks!

How far along? 28 weeks today!
Total weight gain/loss: Lost another 2lbs bringing total weight loss to 14lbs.
Maternity clothes? Purple and black non-maternity top, black cropped maternity pants, and my favorite black wedges. I really need to start looking for flatter shoes...
Stretch marks? I swear I saw one stretch from my cleavage down to my nipple. So not cute.
Sleep: Ha! What's that? The only time I actually sleep - comfortably - is in the wee hours of the morning, when it's Tony's turn to let the pugs out. It's heaven having the bed all to myself even if it's just for 30 minutes. I'm seriously considering upgrading from a Queen to a King.
Best moment this week: Hearing my little girl's heartbeat yesterday at my 28 week OB appt. I'll never tire of that. It just brings it all home that there's a little wriggly person in there.
Movement: OMG, lots! I feel her moving all the time, and I love it.
Food cravings: Not really. Although, I did have scrambled eggs and sliced hotdog over rice yesterday for lunch.
Gender: A baby GIRL!
Labor Signs:
Nope.
Belly Button in or out? Still in.
What I miss: Ha! Putting on underwear and pants comfortably - and gracefully. I always feel like I'm going to topple over!
What I am looking forward to: Test results from the glucose test I had yesterday. Fingers and toes crossed that I passed.
Weekly Wisdom: A coworker recently introduced me to Uggs, which I always thought were up there in unattractiveness with the likes of Crocs and Very Bradley bags. But, the style she showed me were lined slip-ons made of waterproof leather that had just a hint of a heel. Totally cute with slacks, jeans, or khakis. Come Fall, I'll be in the market for comfortable shoes that I can wear to work, but I refuse to sacrifice cuteness for comfort. ;-) Thanks, Rita!
Milestones: Hmm.. not really a milestone, but definitely something I'm excited about. The other day, I was updating my registry online and noticed that someone already purchased my Chicco infant car seat. Woohoo!

No comments: