Wednesday, March 9, 2011

40 Days & 40 Nights

For the last 10 or so years, instead of giving something up for Lent, I’ve been making a promise to myself and to God – church every Sunday, prayers every night, move more, eat less, etc. I’m ashamed to say, I never really made it through those 40 days and nights.

Well, this past January, I joined Weight Watchers. Not many people know this – until now, of course. I did pretty well the first four weeks. Lost a smidge over 8lbs. The last four weeks, however, have been rough. My head has just not been in it. So, for Lent this year, I’m promising to track every single item I eat and drink, resume going to my weekly meetings, and committing to at least four days of exercise during the week. With that, I promise to drink more water; less coffee (can’t possibly give that up entirely), and be religious about taking my multi-vitamin every night before bed.

Oh, and I’m committed to going to church every Sunday. I’m curious to see how Gigi responds to this new Sunday morning activity – and hoping all goes well. Should be interesting.

Here she is with her papa - my other favorite person in the world.


I’ll be sure to report back, because my other commitment for Lent this year is to return to blogging. This sad little blog has been neglected long enough and way too many times at that, and not for any lack of subject matter. We’re chock full of that these days. We have a walking and running little person filling our time with the sweetest of sweetness, big bear hugs, and lots of laughs.

Here’s the little strawberry on the morning of her 1st birthday.


She’s 16 months now – and getting bigger and funnier every day. Here she is chugging her sippy of milk like a champ – and with flair!


And, here she is being busy and important reading her magazine – upside down.


Ha! I can talk and gush about her for days.

When all is said and done, these promises to me and to God are really all for her. She makes me want to be better, healthier, and happier. And, she is more than worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with WW... I have been on it for the last 16 hours, haven't drop an ounce yet, but I guess it is too early to do a weight in...I am doing the online version... my life is too crazy to commit to yet another array of meetings. Love the blog... keep it up... xoxo... Lori Grable Heinze
(ps... my word verification is "huchi" - pronounced "juchi" - in Spanish juchi means, well you know "la juchi" :-O