How far along? 29 weeks and 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: Down a total of 14lbs
Maternity clothes? Red non-maternity peasant top, black maternity wide-leg capris, and black wedges. Yes, I'm still in heels.
Stretch marks? Yes.
Sleep: Not really.
Best moment this week: The cooler weather! I love that it's starting to feel like Fall - my favorite time of year.
Movement: Yes, she moves a lot!
Food cravings: Ice cream would be my latest craving. I've been having some after dinner for the last week. I also bought a box of Funny Bones, which I have never had before. Being a lover of all things chocolate and peanut butter, I found them to be just "OK". So, if I never have them again, I won't be missing much. And, yesterday morning, Tony realized we had no more coffee. I typically allow myself a half cup to a cup of coffee drowned in over a cup of scalded milk every morning. Let's just say hell hath no fury like a woman deprived of coffee!
Gender: Girl!
Labor Signs: No.
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: Walking normally (I've recently graduated to full waddle) and sleeping - comfortably - through the night.
What I am looking forward to: Ordering more stuff for the nursery
Weekly Wisdom: If you're looking for a great smelling lotion that prevents stretch-marks, keep looking. There's really no such thing. If you're already predisposed to them, there's really nothing you can do to prevent them. I have my share - thanks to years of yo-yo dieting. Still, I recently purchased an anti-stretch-mark lotion that doesn't smell anything like I thought it would. It was a drug-store buy. So, it didn't cost much. But, the other day, I ran into Cynthia, a coworker of mine, who has four beautiful kids. She raved about The Cocoa Butter Body Butter from The Body Shop. It won't prevent or fade stretch-marks, but it smells incredible, and it keep the skin nice and soft and itch-free. Thanks Cynthia!
Milestones: Nothing notable this week, but honestly, every week I get closer to my due date is a milestone. 11 weeks to go!

I am very fortunate to have wonderful inlaws. From the first day I met them, they made me feel welcome and always a part of the family. All those "mother-in-law stories" I hear from some of my friends make me thank my lucky stars that I have never had any "stories" like those to share. If anything, my inlaws are actually too nice, and I love that about them. I especially love the relationship they have with Tony, who's the youngest and the only boy. He is truly their Prince - as he is mine. And, besides my mom, of course, Tony Sr. and Barbara couldn't be more over the moon about their newest granddaughter-to-be, and for that (and countless other reasons), I love them even more!
My mother-in-law recently announced to us that she'd be buying us the glider for the nursery. At first, I couldn't accept a gift as extravagant as that, but Tony quickly talked me into changing my mind. I now understand it would make my mother-in-law very happy to buy us the glider, and her enthusiasm and pride for having picked it out is infectious and humbling.
Oh, and did I mention my mother-in-law thinks of everything AND has impeccable taste?? Yeah.. the glider is essentially an overstuffed armchair that's conveniently slipcovered in this beautiful tangerine-colored basketweave fabric.
Behold the Lullaby Swivel Glider - in Kumquat - from Pottery Barn Kids:
Total weight gain/loss: Down a total of 14lbs
Maternity clothes? Red non-maternity peasant top, black maternity wide-leg capris, and black wedges. Yes, I'm still in heels.
Stretch marks? Yes.
Sleep: Not really.
Best moment this week: The cooler weather! I love that it's starting to feel like Fall - my favorite time of year.
Movement: Yes, she moves a lot!
Food cravings: Ice cream would be my latest craving. I've been having some after dinner for the last week. I also bought a box of Funny Bones, which I have never had before. Being a lover of all things chocolate and peanut butter, I found them to be just "OK". So, if I never have them again, I won't be missing much. And, yesterday morning, Tony realized we had no more coffee. I typically allow myself a half cup to a cup of coffee drowned in over a cup of scalded milk every morning. Let's just say hell hath no fury like a woman deprived of coffee!
Gender: Girl!
Labor Signs: No.
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: Walking normally (I've recently graduated to full waddle) and sleeping - comfortably - through the night.
What I am looking forward to: Ordering more stuff for the nursery
Weekly Wisdom: If you're looking for a great smelling lotion that prevents stretch-marks, keep looking. There's really no such thing. If you're already predisposed to them, there's really nothing you can do to prevent them. I have my share - thanks to years of yo-yo dieting. Still, I recently purchased an anti-stretch-mark lotion that doesn't smell anything like I thought it would. It was a drug-store buy. So, it didn't cost much. But, the other day, I ran into Cynthia, a coworker of mine, who has four beautiful kids. She raved about The Cocoa Butter Body Butter from The Body Shop. It won't prevent or fade stretch-marks, but it smells incredible, and it keep the skin nice and soft and itch-free. Thanks Cynthia!
Milestones: Nothing notable this week, but honestly, every week I get closer to my due date is a milestone. 11 weeks to go!

I am very fortunate to have wonderful inlaws. From the first day I met them, they made me feel welcome and always a part of the family. All those "mother-in-law stories" I hear from some of my friends make me thank my lucky stars that I have never had any "stories" like those to share. If anything, my inlaws are actually too nice, and I love that about them. I especially love the relationship they have with Tony, who's the youngest and the only boy. He is truly their Prince - as he is mine. And, besides my mom, of course, Tony Sr. and Barbara couldn't be more over the moon about their newest granddaughter-to-be, and for that (and countless other reasons), I love them even more!
My mother-in-law recently announced to us that she'd be buying us the glider for the nursery. At first, I couldn't accept a gift as extravagant as that, but Tony quickly talked me into changing my mind. I now understand it would make my mother-in-law very happy to buy us the glider, and her enthusiasm and pride for having picked it out is infectious and humbling.
Oh, and did I mention my mother-in-law thinks of everything AND has impeccable taste?? Yeah.. the glider is essentially an overstuffed armchair that's conveniently slipcovered in this beautiful tangerine-colored basketweave fabric.
Behold the Lullaby Swivel Glider - in Kumquat - from Pottery Barn Kids:

Awesome, right?
If you're reading this, Barbara and Tony Sr., thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being who you are and for selflessly doing all you do - for Tony and me - and for each of us lucky enough to be part of your family. We can't wait to see the glider in person, and we know it will be a Godsend on those long sleepless nights, those lazy afternoons, and during those super-early-morning feedings. It goes without saying, but like all your grandkids, we know this baby girl will be just as head-over-heels in love with her wonderful Ninny and PopPop as we are.


No comments:
Post a Comment