Friday, July 29, 2011

A Challenge

I’m desperate to update this sorry excuse for a blog. So, while satisfying my new addiction to Pinterest (What’s Pinterest? More on that later.), I found this:


Why a photography challenge, you ask?


Because, yet again, I have to somehow revitalize this blog, I want to make it a point to share more with the one or two readers I might still have, and I recently upgraded my iphone 3g to an iphone 4. The 4 is now equipped with a better camera, a flash, and I like the real-life-as-it’s-happening perspective that I get from iphone pics.

Also, August is mere days away. Perfect timing to begin this 30-day challenge.

Should be fun.

Or not.

Check back throughout the month of August to see for yourself.

OK, so... Pinterest.

Basically, it’s yet another form of social media, like Facebook, Twitter, and the like. Only Pinterest is a place to inspire and be inspired by sharing – or pinning - your favorite images (of anything, really) that you find on the internet with the world. OK, not really with the world, but with Followers - not unlike how you’d share your photos and status updates with your Friends on Facebook. And, that’s just the tip of the iceberg of all you can do on Pinterest.

For me, Pinterest is my go-to source of inspiration to try a new recipe, a new haircut, or a new paint color. It makes me think about travelling, redecorating, or changing out my wardrobe. And, it offers me a window into what inspires my Friends... uh sorry – my Followers.

And, to call it addicting is an understatement.

It’s like crack for the eyes - beautiful, creative, delicious crack, from which you can’t ever turn away.

I should also add that it’s “invite only”. So, you’ll have to request an invite from Pinterest, and once you receive your invite, you can register via your Facebook or Twitter accounts. Easy peasy.

See you in a couple of days with Day 1 of the 30 Day Photography Challenge. Until then, here’s a little something currently going on at the homestead.


Ha! Fun times, people.

No comments: