So, I’m 30 weeks pregnant. Surprise!! And in honor of that, I’m starting the weekly updates I did when I was pregnant with Gigi.
But first, a little catch up.
• Last Spring,
o Tony underwent gastric bypass surgery. For years, he had more than 100lbs to lose. At his heaviest, he was 200lbs overweight. He tried every diet (fad and healthy) along with exercise and didn’t have much long-term success. For his particular case, his doctor felt he was a good candidate for gastric bypass surgery. Granted, it's not an option for everyone, but for Tony and his particular factors (history, BMI, age, and lifestyle), he and his doctor felt surgery to be the best option for long-term success. During the six months before the surgery, our insurance required him to undergo sleep studies, stress tests, and appointments with cardiologists, nutritionists, pulmonologists, psychologists & his primary care physician. Once his surgeons got the green light from our insurance, they scheduled the surgery for May 1st. Since that date, Tony has done AMAZING. He’s a different person – literally and figuratively. Thus far, he has dropped over 130 pounds (and continues to lose weight!), looks and feels incredible, is more active – goes to the gym just about every morning, joined a table tennis club – and, he surprises and inspires me every single day with his new and healthier lifestyle. That surgery saved his life, and I’m so grateful to him and his doctors for giving me many years more to spend with him.
o I had my 2nd miscarriage and D&C. It was awful and heartbreaking, and no, I won’t go into it, but I will say, the universe has an interesting way of working it all out.
• Last Summer, after repeated trips to the ER, a failed cat scan, and a complete diet overhaul, it was finally discovered on an ultrasound that I had gallbladder stones. The pain was more excruciating than 26 hours of labor. For realz. So, my gallbladder was removed laproscopically, and thanks to four stubborn incision scars that refuse to go away, I won’t subject you to any belly pics. You’re welcome.
• Last Fall,
o I became pregnant! Woot! Woot!
o Tony turned 40! We celebrated the milestone by having a house party with all of our closest and dearest friends.
o Gigi turned 3, and like a switch, the “terribly threes” arrived like whoa. She’s still the sweetest and sassiest little human I know, and I wouldn’t want her any other way.
• Last Winter, we announced to the world we were expecting just like any normal person would – we posted it on Facebook. Duh. ;-)
• And here we are, on probably the coldest day of Spring, 30 weeks along, and large and in charge. So, without further ado…
How far along? 30 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: At or around 10lbs thus far. Gain, not loss.
Maternity clothes? non-maternity charcoal turtleneck dress over khaki bootcut cords
Stretch marks? oh yeah
Sleep: Not much. Drinking water like it’s my job, which means I’m up 4 or 5 times per night to pee.
Best moment this week: Found out I passed my 1-hour glucose test. Woohoo!
Movement: LOTS! It’s awesome.
Food cravings: Red meat. Leftover grilled steak for dinner tonight, and it’s all I can think about.
Gender: We’re team green. So, we have no clue. Although, I’ve had friends, coworkers, and strangers tell me I’m carrying a boy. We’ll see.
Labor Signs: Just Braxton Hicks.
Belly Button in or out? Still in
What I miss: Sleeping on my back without feeling like I’m asphyxiating.
What I am looking forward to: Hopefully getting our bedroom ready this weekend with the crib and changing table. May seem early, but Gigi needs to get used to seeing them in our room rather than in hers.
Weekly Wisdom: I may have passed my glucose test, but I’m still anemic. So, I was instructed to double up on my iron pill. Hello, constipation! Sigh.
Milestones: 10 weeks left! Seriously… when did I get here?
Until next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment