Wednesday, August 3, 2011

30 Day Photography Challenge ~ Day 2: What I Wore Today

I know. I know. I’ve already fallen a day behind on this 30 Day Photography Challenge. I know.

Moving on... What I Wore Today..

You guessed it. Head-to-toe black.

Black flutter-sleeved embroidered long tunic from Old Navy circa 2009 over black stretch capris from Old Navy circa 2007.

I think I’m one of very few who’s Old Navy pieces have survived more than just one year. Thank Goodness for that, because I’m not exactly in the position of buying a new wardrobe every year, either. And, I’m not one for clothes shopping. So, when I find a piece that fits (and is black), I hang on to it for as long as I can – mixing it with newer pieces or with older ones. I wash all my colors and darks in cold water, and I dry in Medium heat setting. I’m convinced this is why many of my clothes last as long as they do.

The thong sandals were a gift from my mom. She bought them at Stein-Mart back in 2004 when she was living in Florida.

And, my jewelry consists of a necklace and earrings from Black House White Market, a silver necklace that used to belong to my Dad that I twisted into a bracelet (and I wear most of the time), and another silver bracelet that’s actually a rosary that came from my mom’s last trip to Peru.

The only price-less pieces I’m wearing are my wedding rings and my Dad’s necklace that I made into a bracelet.

Nothing too glamorous.. Not even my bathroom, some of which you can see in the photograph, including the bath towel thrown over the shower doors to dry, the cluttered counter, and the dirty mirrored closet doors.

What can I say? Real life, people.

No comments: